MECK Pre-K Site Administrators Attend a "Professional Learning Community"May 2023
This spring, MECK Pre-K site administrators attended their first Professional Learning Community (PLC) meeting at Park Road Baptist Child Development Center.
The PLC serve two broad purposes:
1. Improving the skills and knowledge of educators through collaborative study, expertise exchange, and professional dialogue
2. Improving the educational aspirations, achievement, and attainment of students through stronger leadership and teaching
In a PLC, educators (teachers, administrators, others, etc.) plan together, take collective responsibility for the learning of all children, share ideas about what is and is not working, and analyze student data together to adjust instruction in the following areas:
- School improvement strategy
- Goal-driven exchanges
- Shared roles and responsibilities
- Focus on specific problems
- Develop strategies to resolve issues
The PLC process is increasingly recognized as the most powerful strategy for sustained, substantive school improvement. It is therefore an excellent way to build MECK Pre-K educator's knowledge base. Do you know a future MECK Pre-K student? Visit their website to learn more about this high-quality, FREE pre-k program.